"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Goethe

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Woman in Black

I know this has been out for awhile, but I just saw it last weekend.  I decided to go because my friend, April, gave it a thumbs up on facebook, and I think she makes her judgements on the right criteria; plus, my friend, Kathy, saw it on stage in London a few years ago and told me it was an unexpected great show.  I filed that away in my mind as something I might want to see.  Finally, I checked some reviews before I went and read this on Rotten Tomatoes:  Traditional to a fault, The Woman in Black foregoes gore for chills -- although it may not provide enough of them for viewers attuned to more modern, high-stakes horror.  It foregoes the gore, hmmmm, and it may not be what the Saw 17 crowd expects?!  It sounds like my kind of horror film.  I wasn't disappointed.  It was Edgar Allen Poe rather than Freddy Krueger.  It was slow and haunting, but because I really did not know what would happen next, I was in a constant state of chills, goosebumps and hair on end--but I could keep my eyes open.  Well done.

I've started three paintings this week.  Each are in a state of not done, but it has been fun to work on them all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment