"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Goethe

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lines

I've just finished a couple of paintings that are all about lines.  This is of the Centennial Bridge, which crosses the Missouri River at Leavenworth.  One day last fall, Matthew took me on a "photo hunt."  He drove me around and I had him stop so I could take pictures of things I would like to paint.  When we were crossing the bridge, I just snapped away and then had him drive back and forth over it while I kept snapping. This is the one I chose to paint.


This is one of the three paintings I started a couple of weeks ago.  I  just wanted to try a non-objective painting that was driven by line and color.


An interesting line is captivating.  Here is one of my all-time favorite line paintings.  Look at the line her body makes, the line of the drapery, the cape, the wings.  Wow. 

The Annunciation by Simone Martini

No comments:

Post a Comment