"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Goethe

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Better Tree

While in Philadelphia, Joseph pointed out to me that the tree in my red tree painting was just not right.  He was right.  The reason I kept overlooking that is because I used a photo of a tree for reference.  I thought that would help me paint more realistically than free handing.  I decided to try free handing when I got home, and I  painted a better tree.  I was pleased.


So, I redid the red tree.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Jeneen:) I love both trees very much, but I still prefer the red tree a little bit more. But then: who am I? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really like the red one, too. I saw the owl you just posted. I really like YOUR tree. I think bark can be difficult to paint.

      Delete