"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Goethe

Monday, February 13, 2012

Totally Awesome

This weekend I went with my parents to Utah State University to see Meredith's Totally Awesome 80's Concert featuring the choirs at USU.  It was totally awesome.  We stopped by her apartment for a bite to eat before her rehearsal and hung her fig painting on the wall.


I am now working on a painting of Ponte Vecchio for a painting challenge on A Day Not Wasted.  I decided to experiment with a technique I've heard of but never tried.  I put everything down in black and white first.  It is supposed to help get the values right, but I really liked how it was so easy to rework and rearrange until the perspective is right--or close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment