"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Goethe

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fresh Figs


Before I came to Utah, Meredith dropped the hint that her apartment needed some art.  I told her I would like to paint her something--a still life for her kitchen.  She picked a photo of figs from an old challenge on paint and draw together and I thought it was perfect.  I brought my brushes with me, but I had to purchase canvas and paint once I arrived.  I did not want to buy paints I already had, so I decided to stick with the primary colors (red, yellow and blue), black and white.  I thought it would be my own painting challenge--to have to mix all my colors from the color building blocks.  This painting is basically a red and blue combination, so it was a good place to start.

My minimalist paint set

No comments:

Post a Comment